Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Monday, August 15

Another 5-Star Review for Blood and Blades!

Check out Justin Dunnuck's review of Blood and Blades: The Profiler's Guide to Slashers:
Confession time--I'm not an expert when it comes to the d20 System. Sure, I have a passing familiarity with the rules set and a few gaming sessions under my belt, but I don't feel qualified to comment on this product's "crunchiness," or its mechanical accuracy.

However...I am a connoisseur of fright flicks (the trashier the better) and creepy rpgs (Chill, It Came From the Late Late Late Show, and Dark*Matter rank amongst my faves), so I can say, quite immodestly, that I know superb spooky sleaze when I see it. And I have seen it in this product--oh, yes, this book has STYLE.

Michael Tresca, our esteemed author, obviously knows his stuff, and his knowledge, respect, enthusiasm, and unabashed affection for the slasher genre shines on every page. And such energy was contagious for this reader--I wanted to crack open my d20 books and play in some grindhouse-inspired gaming. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 8:33 PM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home