Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Wednesday, August 17

The Great Gen Con Experiment

Because I'm most certainly insane, and since I get a lot of hits to my convention reports, this year I'm doing something different. I have a Blackberry. I have a blog. Mix the two together and you get...LIVE UPDATES!

I'm not even sure that this is a realistic idea. I suspect that after awhile, typing with two thumbs is going to suck. And I don't know if I'll have access. But I don't care, it's worth a try, and besides--what else have you go to do if you're not at the con?

You heard it hear first folks. LIVE updates, instantly (or at least, when my Blackberry reaches a zone of service), as I piss and moan about our gaming events, give you scoops on the ENnies as they happen, and otherwise make a big web nuisance of myself.

If it works, I'll probably be the fastest Web reporter of Gen Con on the net. And if not? Well then I'm just a big geek. But we knew that anyway. :)

Unfortunately, Face-2-Face Games (formerly known as Monkey God Enterprises) is NOT attending. Which makes me sad, but happy for them. They can focus their efforts on cons more likely to sell board games. For those of you who would like to meet me, I'll be hanging out at Chris' RPGObjects booth #336. Poor Chris doesn't know what he's gotten himself into.

Stay tuned folks. It's going to be a wild ride...

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 10:17 PM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home