Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Sunday, October 16

All That Glitters - Part 1b: Nikko’s Flophouse

"Terribly sorry about that," said a tall, well-dressed man with narrow features. "My name's Japheth." Three hired thugs fanned out behind him. "You're new to the city, aren't you? You may have heard that the city is full of crude, mannerless pirates," he nodded towards Baldric, asleep in his drink, "but that's all changing."

"I prefer pirates to assassins," said Ilmarė, blade out. Sebastian and Beldin had their backs to the wall. "At least when they betray you, it's with a naked blade instead of a poisoned drink."

"Ah yes, well, I find it makes things easier," said Japheth, looking genuinely embarrassed. "Now if you'd be so kind as to give me those little scraps of paper on the table, we can all move on with our lives."

Sebastian vaulted himself onto the table from the floor. "No," he said. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 11:27 PM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home