Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Wednesday, October 19

Join Me in National Novel Writing Month

Starting on November 1 (that's right, my birthday), I'm going to do one, final push of writing madness to complete my novel. I swear, I'm going to do it this time.

Those of you who know me know that I've already written a novel. But it's so ahead of its time that nobody wants to publish it. Either that, or it sucks.

In any case, the next novel will be infinitely more marketable, has a lot more humor, and is written for those with short attention...oooh, KITTY.

To make matters worse, I will be posting a word count every day. You read that right: EVERY FRICKIN' DAY. For the handful of you who witnessed my live blogging during the ENnies, you can appreciate the insanity that's in store.

I'm doing this because I'm convinced that this book is going to be the one that gets published.

Mind you, given that NaNoWriMo requires you to write a novel from scratch, I'm already disqualified from actually participating in the end result. That's okay, this is one of those 1/3rd-life crisis things I have to do.

This is where I'm at so far.
Progress on "The Well of Stars"

22,993 / 75,000
(30.7%)
Feel free to heckle me, encourage me, scream obscenities at me...no wait, people do that last one already without any goading. The wordmeter above will track my progress as I hurdle towards 75,000 words. That's the magic number, baby. Now I just have to reach it.

Wish me luck!

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 9:02 PM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home