Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Tuesday, November 29

All That Glitters - Part 6: Confrontation

Ilmarė closed her eyes and shook her head. "I don't believe this," she muttered under her breath. Then she raised her head and smiled a dazzling smile. "Look, I think there's some kind of arrangement we can work out. You're clearly a sensible…" she choked on the word "…man."

Behind her, Bijoux began to purr with arms outstretched in a gesture of supplication. She focused on the two dogs, which titled their heads in confusion at her.

There was a momentary pause while each party sized the other up. Then the half-orc broke out into laughter.

"You want to negotiate, pretty elf? I'll tell you what: you put down your weapons and then I will be happy to work out an…arrangement with you."

"Oh for crying out loud," said Sebastian. "Let's just kill them and be done with it." He stepped forward with palm outstretched. "Fuco aspergo!" [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 8:07 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home