Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Sunday, November 27

Well of Stars Update: FINI!

I just wrapped up the last chapter and the epilogue. It all comes down to Deren vs. Marty, Klekless vs. Rebma.

"The reason I'm telling you this is because of Deren's ring. It's how he survived your first attack. He's very hard to kill."

"Oh, I'll be sure to finish him off this time." Marty turned to the undead squirrel that sat on his shoulder. "Summon the killer Stags."

"Killer stags?" Klekless slapped his forehead. "Don't you have any normal minions? Like a giant or something?"

"As a matter of fact I do. But it's taking awhile to wake up."

Four things hopped onto the far end of the branch.

Klekless gaped. "What theā€¦"

"Duneyrr, Durathror, Dvalin, and Dainn," said Marty, addressing each of them in turn. "You know what to do."

They meeped in response. Bowing low, each of them hopped onto an obsidian platform that appeared nearby. Then it lowered into the mists.

"You've never SEEN a stag, have you?"

"Hey, give me a break," said Marty. "Those were the first minions I created before I saw caribou in the Northern Wastes."



Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Winner

If you want the full story, you'll have to read the book whenever I managed to find someone to publish it. :)

77,070 / 75,000
(102.8%)


I'd like to thank my beautiful wife Amber, who was the inspiration for Rebma (think about it) and my Tivo, which fed me a neverending supply of Teen Titans, Last Avatar, and Batman cartoons. Taking breaks every few hours to watch somebody blowing something up was very invigorating.

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 4:20 PM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

5 Comments:

  • Great!!! Surpassed your word goal and did it before the time limit.

    Now, back to real life - what were you doing before this?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, November 27, 2005 7:52:00 PM  

  • Hi Mom!

    Thanks! It's a good question. Before this I was was working on writing a couple of other reviews as well as my story hours (the D&D adventure summaries). I'm now two episodes behind on that.

    The process isn't over though. I need to keep editing the manuscript until it's clean, which will take another month at least. Then I need to pitch it. I will probably go to the World Fantasy Convention and try my luck there.

    By Blogger Mike Tresca, at Monday, November 28, 2005 1:10:00 PM  

  • I've been looking all over the internet for a copy of "Well of Stars" and have had no luck. Are copies available? Any help would be great. Thanks!

    Jared
    jaredrhendricks@gmail.com

    By Blogger Unknown, at Sunday, July 06, 2014 3:57:00 PM  

  • Hi Jared,

    The company that published The Well of Stars went under, so it's no longer available. The good news is that it is being republished under a different name (and with a different format). I hope to have that new edition ready this year!

    By Blogger Mike Tresca, at Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:19:00 PM  

  • To stay updated on the latest, please follow http://www.facebook.com/dredspace and http://www.twitter.com/dreadspace. I will announce the new book there.

    Thank you for your interest!

    By Blogger Mike Tresca, at Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home