Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Friday, May 19

DVD Review: Serenity

I tried to walk away from this movie, but Serenity wouldn't let me.

My wife rented Serenity after watching it at a science fiction convention, but the DVD skipped at a critical part. She was so frustrated that she got up and left. So she finally rented Serenity from Netflix and, on Mother's Day, brought it over to watch with my parents. I had no intention of watching the movie.

I was about to go upstairs and do something else. But I forgot whatever it was I planned to do. I stood on the stairs, looking over my shoulder as the credits rolled. And I stood there for five minutes, transfixed. A few minutes later, I sat down and watched the whole film.

Serenity's that good. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:04 PM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

1 Comments:

  • I too have watched this film. I agree with your critique. I would add that I think this masterpiece is better than any of the Star Trek films and better than the last trilogy of Star Wars.

    Nuff said!

    By Blogger Unknown, at Saturday, May 20, 2006 12:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home