Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Friday, January 5

Deus Ex Machina - Part 4b: Psychological Torture Chamber

“How long have I been in here?”

“I don’t know,” said Ilmarė. “I haven’t heard from you in three weeks. I thought,” she fumbled with the words. “I thought that maybe you had changed your mind.”

Quintus shook his head. “Three weeks!” He looked around, too weak to move, as if his eyes could release him. “It was supposed to be a quick favor for the Church of Illiir before I set out for home…you have to stop them!”

“I’m leaving you some food and water. I’ll be back for you.”

Quintus grabbed her arm. “You have to show them. You have to let them know that it didn’t work! I’m still sane!” Quintus’ voice was hoarse. “I’m still sane!” he shouted again, his eyes unfocused. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 8:21 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home