Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Tuesday, November 6

Hand of the Master - Part 2c: Shadows in the Night

Kham flipped the cork off of a vial and lifted it to his lips.

“Can’t you save the drinking for later?” asked Sebastian.

“Very funny,” said Kham. “But this isn’t alcohol.”

Vlad drew his sword. “What is it then?”

“Something way better,” said Kham. “Just stay out of my way.”

With a bellow of rage, Beldin barreled into the midst of the dwarves. He batted one dwarf aside with the flat of his axe and shouldered into another. Vlad ran behind him, following up on Beldin’s momentum with his own flurry of blows. Cal looked around, shrugged his shoulders, and waded in after them.

“Beldin fights like a man possessed,” said Bijoux.

Sebastian stepped forward, palms spread outwards. “If Elabac dies, it will be on his head. Fuco aspergo!”

A coruscating cone of colors sprang forth from his palm, encompassing the dwarves. Two went down, clutching their eyes.

“I take back everything bad I’ve ever said about you,” said Kham to Sebastian. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go get my life back.” With a mighty leap, Kham launched himself into the air. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 9:19 PM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home