Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Thursday, March 13

Herald of the Yellow King - Part 2a: The Village of Dunover

“Speak not of what you witnessed,” Adolphos said with a frown. “It will be a small matter to replace the peasants once spring comes, but a more difficult one if the lands get a reputation for being cursed.” He leaned closer to Vlad. “Or rebellion.” He straightened up and spoke louder for the benefit of those eavesdropping. “Leave at once and travel with all haste. I’ve instructed the stable master to issue you two mounts, a sleigh, and a horse to pull it as well. Come directly to me upon your return.” He leaned forward again. “Report to none but me. Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes, your grace,” said Vlad.

“Excellent. I expect you back in time for the Yule celebration in five days. Some of my guests might inquire as to where my Bailiff is, and I don’t wish to explain your absence.”

He nodded to Vlad with a serious look. Then he returned to his herald and the preparations for the Yule celebration.

Once Vlad was out of sight of the Duke, his shoulders sagged.

“Amazing,” said Kham. “He’s like a Milandisian version of Quintus.” [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 7:39 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home