Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Friday, April 4

Dire Wavelengths - Prologue

“But you’re not a delicate kind of guy, are you? Look, Jacob. I’m in a real bind here. We’re working on a timeline, so I’m going through the trouble of popping in and out of your head multiple times.” He gestured at the walls of the club. “I’ve got to say, there’s some pretty scary stuff in here.”

“Thanks,” said Blade.

“No need to thank me! I’m just trying to be helpful. I really want you back in your son Alex’s life. I think it might change things for the better, you know what I mean? And what’s more important than a father’s love for his son?”

Blade just looked at him.

“Nothing, that’s what. So here’s the deal: go to the Excelsior Hotel on the corner of Maple. Stop Christine from going to the movie set today in twenty minutes.” Alzis tapped his watch. “Time’s ticking buddy, tick-tock, tick-tock.”

“You said that last time,” said Blade. “Would it be too much to give me a little more of a heads up?”

Alzis looked offended. “Hey now, that’s no way to talk to a friend. I wasn’t going to tell you at all, but you’re going to be dead in a few weeks so I figured I’d…oops.” He put his finger to his lips. “Did I just let that slip? I’m sorry. You’re running out of time.” [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 10:55 PM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home