Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Monday, May 19

The Madman: Part 2 – Preparing for the Interview

“Blimey! What 'ave we 'ere then? Look there, it's da bi' ov fluff what kicked me befawer. Couldn't keep away from me, could yew love? Know what I mean?”

Ilmarė rolled her eyes. “Of all the guardsmen in the world, it had to be this guy.”

Her comment sent off a sniggering fit amongst the guards.

“Aw, don’t be like that!” The guard puckered up. “Give me a kiss an' I'll let yew in.”

Ilmarė reached for her thinblade.

Kham put one hand on her shoulder. “Maybe we can use this to our advantage. Try, you know…being nice.”

Ilmarė glared sideways at the val. “I don’t do nice.”

“Try.” [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:14 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home