Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Sunday, May 25

PX Poker Night: Part 6 – Was That a Gunshot?

Hammer jogged his way across the field. He skidded to a stop as he saw Campbell lying in a pool of his own blood.

“Hot Pants? You in there?”

Long picked up the M-16, eyes glazed. “I don’t like this.”

There was a low moan from behind the door. Hammer kicked it open and the door gave easily, lock and all.

At first he thought Caprice was dead. But then he realized that he was on the ground, clutching his head.

Long reloaded the M-16 with a spare clip off of Campbell’s body.

Hammer got down on one knee. “You hurt?”

“The sound…” groaned Caprice, rolling around. “You can’t hear it?”

Hammer helped him to his feet. “What sound? What the hell happened?”

Caprice tried to clear the cobwebs, blinking. “I…I’m not sure. Campbell went nuts. Then there was a gunshot…”

Hammer nodded. “He shot himself in the head.”

“Jesus…” Caprice looked down, gingerly stepped around Campbell’s corpse. “What the hell?”

“I don’t know.” Hammer patted the pistol snug in his waistband. “But I think it has to do with--”

“IT’S IN THE VAN!” shrieked Long at the top of his lungs. He was charging towards the van, firing wildly. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 7:49 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home