Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Monday, July 21

Wolves and Sheep: Prologue

The caboose of the train appeared ahead. Jim-Bean shifted gears. “Yeah. So when I say jump, you’d better jump, because you’re not going to get another chance.”

“What about you?” asked Hammer.

“What about me?”

“You’re staying behind? I don’t know if we can do this with the just two of us…” Guppy trailed off at the implications.

Jim-Bean smirked. “Nah. I wouldn’t miss this.”

The car pulled up alongside the train, which chugged along rhythmically on the right side of the car.

“But the car…?” asked Guppy.

“What about it?” said Jim-Beam.

Hammer shook his head in disbelief. “Guppy, you’re up.” The window rolled down on Guppy’s side.

“Wait, I go first?” asked Guppy, voice rising in panic.

“Guppy,” said Hammer. “We’ve been over this. Look at it this way…would you rather be last?”

Ahead, the train entered a tunnel, roaring as its passage echoed in the tight confines. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:53 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home