Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Wednesday, August 13

House on McKinley Boulevard: Part 2 – The Second Story

Hammer shoved on the door, but it wouldn’t budge.

“Look…I’ll pay you to leave.”

There was barking laughter behind the door. “Hey, f**k you mon! We don’t need your damn money.”

“How about food? I’ve got power bars if you need it, all you want…”

There was a pause. “Who do ya think we are? That’s not going to work—“

There was a squeak as the door opened on the other side of the hallway. A thirteen-year-old boy craned his head out the door. “What kind of bars? Candy bars?”

Archive and Hammer exchanged a look. “I probably have one or two, but not on me,” said Hammer quickly. “We can get some for you though if you…”

“Don’t listen to ‘em Kristian!” shouted the man through the door. “We don’t know these people!”

Kristian sighed. “Good going Gideon, now they know my name.” He put his hands in his pockets. “Are you guys really cops? You don’t look like cops.”

“Something like that,” said Archive. “We’re more federal agents…”

Kristian’s expression lit up. “Secret agents? Cool! Are you here about the suicide?’

“Suicide?” asked Archive.

“Don’t tell them anything!” shouted Gideon on the other side of the door. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 2:46 PM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home