Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Sunday, August 10

Operation Countdown: Conclusion

When they reached the base, Saladin was packed into a truck in handcuffs. It drove out of sight.

Their cistrons beeped. Hammer picked it up.

“Mission accomplished,” he said.

“Trying to be funny?” asked Sprague. “I thought I told you to bring him back ALIVE.”

“But we—“

“It’s unfortunate that Saladin died in the explosion,” said Sprague with a straight face. “But then I shouldn’t expect much from a team that caused an international incident.” Sprague shook his head. “Fortunately, somebody above me likes you, so you won’t be disavowed. This time.”

The cistrons winked out.

“What the hell?” Caprice grumbled. “Did he have a stroke or something?” [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 9:57 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home