Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Thursday, August 28

The Seventh Sin: Part 5 – Sewer Rats

Behind ‘The Marquis Moon’ was an old, rusted sewer grating. Though it at first appeared to be locked, the grating lifted easily.

“I thought you were a goner for a moment there, Sebastian.” Beldin clambered down into the sewers.

“So did I.” Sebastian followed him in. “I still don’t understand what happened. Why would a Ymandrake take such a special interest in us? And why did he leave us a map?”

“To make us suffer,” said Beldin. “That much was obvious.”

“The Hawk faction corrupted Augustus Tensen-Balin’s son with a magical disease.” Vlad looked away from Sebastian. “The plan was to use it as a weapon against the Sorcerer King.”

Sebastian froze. “What kind of disease?”

“A magical disease,” said Vlad. “Quintus, Ilmarė, Kham and I went on a special mission to deliver Cassicus directly to the Sorcerer-King. We succeeded.”

Sebastian rubbed his temples. “I knew that we had delivered a fatal blow to the Sorcerer-King, but I didn’t know how.”

“We faced the Commandant when we were trying to steal one of the Black Ships. We barely escaped with our lives.”

“And just how is this disease spread?”

Vlad shook his head slowly. “I’m not sure. But it infects…”

“Yes?” asked Sebastian.

“Sorcerers,” said Vlad with a sigh. “It infects sorcerers.”

Sebastian slumped against the side of the sewer. “Suddenly, I don’t feel so well.” [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:33 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home