Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Sunday, September 14

Belly of the Beast: Part 9 – Aggro

One day blurred into the next. Kham quickly became caught up in the routine. The arrival of new prisoners was always an event.

The orc that was dragged on board that morning was different than the rest, primarily due to his hulking size. He had a gray tinge to him, but it was his rippling muscles that distinguished the beast. He wore no shoes, and his great clawed feet splayed on the deck like deformed lobsters. Kham recognized those feet.

“Aggro!” shouted Scarbelly during dinner. They were eating gruel. “What ye be doing here?”

Aggro flashed Scarbelly a sly grin. It wasn’t a pretty sight. “I come t’ bring ye a message. We’re going t’ make a break for it.”

“When?” asked Kham.

“Tomorrow,” said Aggro. “It took awhile for t’ courts to arraign me.”

“What’d ye do?” asked Scarbelly.

Aggro shrugged. “I kept beatin’ guards in the face until a bunch of ‘em knocked me out.” [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 8:10 PM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home