Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Thursday, September 18

Chapter 35: To Walk on Arcanis in Carcosa

This is a Call of Cthulhu adventure, “Tatters of the King” by Tim Wiseman, adapted for the Freeport setting. You can read more about Arcanis at http://www.onaraonline.org. Please note: This adventure contains spoilers!

Our cast of characters includes:

Due to my own stupidity and complications with http://www.evite.com, the invitation about gaming got screwed up. As a result, only two players were present.

Fortunately, this is a Call of Cthulhu adventure, which means it’s much more about decision-making and much less about combat. In fact, I had to heavily revise the adventure so combat would take place and then, when we didn’t have enough players, I played it very close to the original version. Now that I think about it, there was actually only one combat in the whole session!

Anyway, this adventure wraps up two major plot points…by killing them. It’s also my deus ex machina to dump our heroes into the next adventure. Oh how I love portals! [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:53 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home