Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Thursday, September 18

Gates of Delirium: Part 4 – Closer

Before they could ask him more, the door on the floor whisks open and an older man’s head in glasses peeked through it. He clambered up.

“Finally,” he breathed. “I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one in here. Kept hoping I would find some other people. I’ve been wandering around these rooms for hours!”

“Keep him away from me!” shouted Guppy. “Don’t let him hurt me!”

“Oh, certainly not,” said the man. “I come in peace. I don’t suppose you could let me know what we’re doing in here? Oh, I’m Martin, Martin Fielding,” he offered his hand.

Hammer took it. “My name is Hammer. This is Jim-Bean and Guppy.”

Fielding looked askance at the names, then shrugged.

He wandered over to one of the doors and unlatched his watch from his wrist. Using the corner of the watch clip, he carved a number into the door.

“What are you doing?” asked Jim-Bean. The man looked vaguely familiar.

“I’m marking the rooms,” said Fielding. “This is the fourth room I’ve been in. What’s weird is that I’ve been wandering for hours. Each one of these rooms has six of these doors or portals, but no matter how many doors or portals I go through, I always end up in the same three rooms…until now. The rooms must be moving…but I don’t feel any motion, do you?”

“No,” said Hammer, “We haven’t—“

He stopped, because there was the sound of movement behind them.

“Oh no, it’s getting closer!” wailed Guppy. “I don’t know what it is, something’s coming after us and I don’t think it likes us. It wants us dead, please we have to get out of here right now! Please, we have to move!” [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:53 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home