Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Wednesday, September 17

My New Gaming Column: The Horror!

My new gaming column, "The Horror!" launches today. Or it will launch soon -- as of right now the article isn't loading. Here's a sneak preview:
“This is nice,” began the anonymous feedback of my short story submission to a horror anthology, “but it reads more like an episode of the Twilight Zone than an actually scary story.”

That feedback was particularly galling, because I had tried damn hard to write something scary. It involved an organ grinder. And a monkey. No seriously, it was scary.

Anyway, ever since then I took that criticism as a personal challenge to craft horror in a way that was successful. The measure of success is up to the reader; I suppose causing someone to piss their pants would qualify, but I’ll settle for “dude, that was freaking me out!” [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:36 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home