Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Sunday, September 28

To Walk in Carcosa: Part 9 – Coombs

Coombs was a tall, thin, sharp-featured man with longish, greasy black hair. He wore a worn black overcoat.

After stabbing Yolanda he ran off, disappearing into the ever-shifting maze of rooms and corridors. Kham left the others behind. There was killing to be done that was best performed alone.

They engaged in a game of cat and mouse. Coombs stalked Kham, and in turn Kham stalked Coombs through the hundreds of rooms and corridors.

“You’re dead, Coombs!” Kham shouted, frustrated. “When I find you, you’re dead!”

“Not if I find yew first,” came Coombs’ voice. “Like I found yaaahr farfer.” A door slammed. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 10:16 PM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home