Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Friday, October 24

The Last Castle: Part 4c – Blood Brothers

Hammer came back in with Jim-Bean in tow.

Bentfeld, the toady, had his pistol out, but it wasn’t pointed at Hammer. Yet. “Well?”

“We took care of it,” said Hammer.

Ridge smiled. “See? Taken care of.”

Bentfeld wasn’t going to let it go. “Oh yeah? I wanna see the bodies.”

“It’s taken CARE OF,” snarled Hammer. “Are you calling me a liar?”

Bentfeld’s pistol was waved in his direction. “Not a liar. But awfully damn suspicious. Ridge, you gotta be suspicious, right?”

“Not now,” said Ridge, the smile frozen on his face.

“I dunno man. I dunno.” Barry started pacing. “Don’t you find it strange that these two show up from New York all of a sudden? I think they’re Feds.” [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:31 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home