Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Tuesday, October 7

Soul of the Serpent: Part 2 – Guard Room

“We have got to end this, fast!” Kham drew Talon and Coomb’s stiletto.

Sebastian took a step back. “I already unleashed a fireball on them. I…”

“Don’t you have anything else?” asked Kham. He blocked a warhammer blow by crossing Talon and the stiletto together. It nearly knocked him off his feet.

Sebastian swallowed. “I don’t…I can’t…”

“Come on!” Kham stabbed the stiletto sideways into the hulking ssanu’s torso. Ice appeared on its ribcage, but it didn’t react. “You’re part devil, right? Get angry!”

Beldin tumbled across the floor like a discarded toy, clanking as he went. His axe skittered one way, his shield another. The roaring ssanu pounded towards Sebastian.

“I…”

“You sssix are now anointed as acolytesss in the cult of Yig the Dessstroyer!” shouted Ffashethh.

It raised its warhammer. Behind the crazed ssanu, a chant had begun.

Sebastian looked down at Beldin’s unconscious body. He was bleeding from the ears and nose. Vlad and Kham were slowly giving ground. The ssanu were most assuredly going to kill them.

Something snapped. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:38 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home