Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Wednesday, November 5

Heart's Blood, Fire's Vengeance: Conclusion

Kham ducked into an alleyway. Sebastian was waiting for him there.

“Well?”

“It’s bad,” said Sebastian. “Very bad. The sketch artist has pictures of you everywhere. But there’s something strange about the wanted posters.”

“You mean besides the fact that I’m now wanted in two different cities?”

Sebastian nodded. “Oh I wouldn’t worry too much about Freeport. As far as anyone knows, you’re dead. That’s what happens when they can’t recover your body in all the chaos. And that’s what worries me.”

“Okay, now I’m actually starting to worry. What are you talking about?”

“Commander Von Grebel,” said Sebastian. “The man you said you shot in the head? His body is missing. The wanted posters that list you aren’t for murder. Not yet, anyway. If we can get to the body or ensure it’s never found…”

“Then I might just have a chance of getting out of here alive.” Kham shook his head. “Your hometown sucks.”

Sebastian smirked. “So does yours. But…”

“But we wouldn’t have it any other way.” Kham threw one arm around Sebastian’s shoulders. “I know, I know.” [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:44 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home