Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Monday, December 8

Purity and Corruption: Part 5b – A Reunion

“What’s so special about a block of wax?” asked Kham.

“Dis is no ordinary candle. It is a promise of payment,” said Nutesh. “It is also a Taper of Truth. No lies can be told in its presence. It vill verify dat vhat Baecinia asks me to bear vitness vill be told truly.”

“And we’re bringing you along because…” added Ilmarė.

“Because all who bear vitness vill be Oathbound by Sarish. Dis is no small thing dat Baecinia asks.”

Kham took a swig of his wineskin.

“Don’t worry,” said Sebastian. “The Vorleraths only show up if you break your oath.”

“I didn’t say I was worried,” said Kham. “I just don’t like being bound to oaths.”

“On second thought, maybe you shouldn’t say anything,” added Ilmarė. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:29 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home