Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Thursday, January 29

Songs: Conclusion

Vlad returned soon after from the field, completing his original mission of helping thwart the goblin attacks. Huddled at The Splintered Oak, they all partook of a sorely needed drink.

“So that’s what happened to my father…” Vlad shook his head in disbelief. “I had heard he’d been killed, but I thought it happened in the line of duty.”

“My father left us when I was very young.” Sebastian drained his mug and ordered a refill. “I never knew what happened to him. I didn’t even know I had an uncle.”

“Venzon Zasfar named Kuros as the immediate controller of all the wealth and holdings of his family,” said Beldin.

“What a shock,” added Kham.

“And what of Anulee?” asked Vlad.

“The entire ordeal has been incredibly trying for Anulee,” said Sebastian sardonically. “She has decided to leave town, not mentioning when or if she will return.”

“That’s probably for the best,” said Vlad. “What are we going to tell Ilmarė?”

“That justice was served.” Sebastian turned the pin Anulee had handed to him over in his hands. It had a motif of a gliding bird on it.

“Has it?” asked Beldin. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:33 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home