Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Thursday, January 15

Songs: Part 2d – The Questioning

“The relationship between Anulee and Venton was not as simple as you have been led to believe. Venton, in his youth, was very charming and taken with her. He was also married at the time. The two were closer…than just friends.”

Kham smirked. “I’ve seen Anulee. I can see how that would happen.”

“Venton and Anulee committed a most unspeakable act that they hid very well from the general populace.”

“Is an affair between humans and elves that big a deal?”

Augustus nodded. “Except for me, no one else knew about it. Like a fool, I kept the secret because Venton solved my gambling debt and thus saved my life. I sold my sense of decency in exchange for silence.”

“So what is this unspeakable act?”

“I would prefer Venton tell you. I want to offer him one last chance at redemption. He will be at his home tomorrow afternoon. I will tell you where he lives so that you can question him.”

Kham patted his pistols. “I know how to do that.” [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:55 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home