Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Wednesday, March 18

A Love in Need: Part 7 – The Plan

“What was all that screaming?” asked Kliss, stroking the boy’s hair in an effort to keep him calm.

“Jawolalski’s dead,” said Tageret, out of breath. “There’s a corpse in the bathtub. And I don’t know for sure but I think I saw a dog head flopping around in a fish tank.” He addressed Kliss. “Take your car and get out of here. You and the kid.”

Archived looked back and forth between them. “I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Where are we supposed to go?” asks Kliss.

“How much gas do you have?” asks Tageret.

“Half a tank.”

Tageret checked his watch. “It’s almost three. You can drive till dawn on that. Just keep moving.”

Making up her mind, Kliss nodded. She snatched up her keys and dragged David behind her.

“Wait!” Archive got up from the bed. “We don’t know if it’s safe.”

But it was too late. Kliss pushed the boy around to the passenger side. Then she yanked open the door to the driver’s side … [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:34 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home