Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Friday, March 27

Sibling Rivalry: Conclusion

“Ilmarė, wait.”

The elorii paused. Quintus and Ilmarė stared at each other for a long moment.

“When I had heard you were poisoned in Milandir, I feared the worst. I went on this quest with the hope that I would find you. And then this all happened.” Quintus hugged her to him. “When I was in that closet, when they were cutting me up…all that kept me going was the thought of you. You were all I could think of, even though I knew you were a thousand miles away. And you found me. You found me.”

“I'm sorry,” said Ilmarė. “I'm sorry...”

“Hey...hey...it's okay!” He hugged her tighter.

“Your new body is different…so thin,” said Ilmarė. “Am I hurting you?”

“No…no…it feels good...” He hadn’t been hugged or barely touched in so long.

Ilmarė disengaged and looked at him with a familiar smile.

“Back soon, you said you'd be back soon.”

“I know. I was on a mission I couldn’t share with you. With anyone. The contubernium were my family. With you gone, they were my world. Now they’re gone too.” Quintus met her gaze, looked her over with a smile. “You look...wonderful. I like your hair.”

“I’ve…I’ve found someone else,” Ilmarė said softly. “An elorii.” [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:41 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home