Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Wednesday, April 8

Dreams: Part 7 – The Trouble With Guppy

Hammer turned around to face Guppy and Grant. They had transferred to a van that Jim-Bean drove to Peterboro, which gave them more room to conduct the interrogation as they drove Guppy to undisclosed location.

"So now that we've got some alone time together, why don't you tell me what you two were doing?"

Grant shrugged his shoulders. "What do I know? I seen Hank last week; haven't seen him in forever since I used to beat him up for his lunch money. Next thing I know Hanky here is talking about aliens and conspiracies…"

Hammer frowned and looked at Guppy. "That's how we got into this mess, remember?"

Guppy shook his head. "You don't understand! I've seen it. They're already here!" He leaned forward to whisper. "Grant is a Protomatter Steward!"

"That's not too hard to confirm," said Hammer. "Jimmy?"

Jim-Bean stepped over to Grant. "Hold still."

He put one hand on Grant's shoulder and concentrated for a second. "Nope. A sleaze ball, but that's it." [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:25 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home