Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Friday, April 10

Dreams: Part 9 – Welcome to My Parlor

"Now I'm going to ask you some questions about your current state of mind," said Ivanovna. "Answer from zero to five, with zero being not at all, one just a little, two somewhat, three moderately, four quite a lot, and five all the time. Okay?"

"Okay."

"I feel that others control what I think and feel," began Ivanovna.

"Five."

"I hear or see things that others do not hear or see."

"Five."

"I feel it is very difficult for me to express myself in words that others can understand."

"Three."

"I feel I share absolutely nothing in common with others, including my friends and family."

"Three."

"I believe in more than one thing about reality and the world around me that nobody else seems to believe in."

"FIVE!" said Guppy emphatically.

"I talk to another person or people inside my head that nobody else can hear."

A voice spoke in Guppy's head.

LIE, GUPPY.

Guppy paused. He looked at Ivanovna. She hadn't heard the voice.

A voice that nobody else could hear had just told him to lie about hearing a voice nobody else could hear. Guppy broke out into a cold sweat. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:38 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home