Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Sunday, April 12

Serpentine Path: Part 6b – Shining Patrol Headquarters

The Shining Patrol headquarters was housed in a huge granite building. Inside were a myriad of offices serving as embassies for every contributing faction to the Shining Patrol. A transition area where recruits were processed into the Patrol or released from service took up the majority of space. A much smaller section housed the permanent local command staff of the Patrol.

Kham made his way to the general’s office. A guard was out front, half-asleep.

“Wake up soldier!” snapped Kham. “You’re guarding the general!”

The soldier blinked awake. “Sorry,” he mumbled.

“What’s your name, soldier?”

“Yardan.”

“Listen, Yardan. I don’t want to go in there to talk to your commanding officer about you screwing up. AGAIN. So I recommend we keep this little conversation I’m about to have with him between you and me. What do you say?”

The soldier swallowed hard. “Yes, sir.”

Kham pushed past him and entered the general’s quarters. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 9:59 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home