Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Thursday, June 4

Drakmar: Conclusion

As Sebastian turned a corner, he came upon a small group of masked figures. As the rest moved off, the last turned to greet him.

“And I am Noss,” he said, swaying drunkenly. Noss doffed a blank, white disk of a mask.

“Sorry, who?” asked Sebastian.

“Noss. I’m Noss. Didn’t you ask just now?”

“No,” said Sebastian. “I didn’t.”

“Ah. Well, you look like you’re not from here. Were you born here?”

“No,” said Sebastian. “I’ve just moved in.”

Noss nodded. “I’m sure it looks quite different from last time. There is a great festival happening that has given rise to much excitement. A Stranger has come to the city who promises further upheaval—we wear masks in the Stranger’s honor, hoping that all will be to the good.”

“Me too,” said Sebastian.

“If you need help, I can act as your guide.”

“Yes, that would be nice. But there’s just one thing…”

Noss turned, and Sebastian was very close to him. “I need your mask.”

“What?” Noss’ expression turned to fear. Then his eyes became unfocused. He slid off the knife Sebastian always carried with him.

Sebastian picked up the mask and put it on. He walked away, whistling to himself as he stepped over Noss’ body. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:57 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home