Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Friday, July 17

Castle Ambrose: Part 3 – The Billygoat’s Woe

“So, I don’t suppose you know how to get out of here?” asked Kham.

Sebastian, wearing a featureless pallid mask, shook his head. “He flees where queen and prophet meet, where twin suns fall but never set, escapes the tomb of lost Carcosa…”

“You know if you didn’t have the same bat wings and fireballs I wouldn’t be sure it was you under that mask. But it is you, right?”

Sebastian nodded.

“Now what?” grumbled Beldin. He was still grumpy about being eaten by a tree.

“We follow the path, of course!” Kham grinned.

They came to a ten-foot wide wooden bridge that spanned a meandering stream. The path continued across the bridge. On the side of the bridge closest to them was a humanoid with the head and horns of a billy goat.

"Who's that tripping over my bridge?" roared a voice beneath the bridge.

"Oh, it is only I, the tiniest Billy Goat Gruff, and I'm going up to the hillside to make myself fat," said the billy goat, with such a small voice.

"Now, I'm coming to gobble you up," said the thing beneath the bridge.

"Oh, no! Pray don't take me. I'm too little, that I am," said the billy goat. "Wait a bit till the second Billy Goat Gruff comes. He's much bigger."

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” said Vlad. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:47 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home