Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Friday, July 10

Shadows: Conclusion


Kham took out Coomb’s knife and, palm up, slashed his open hand. He dripped the blood in a rough pattern of the Yellow Sign.

The gate was activated. A high keening came through the portal, loud and constant, and as it sounded the white light became blue.

“Now we can enter Carcosa.” He turned back to look at his companions. “If you don’t want to do this, I understand. I don’t know if Sebastian’s even alive. Or what Carcosa looks like once we’re through.”

Beldin winced. The healing potions could only do so much. “I haven’t come this far only to stop now,” he said.

“Me neither,” said Vlad. “Sebastian sacrificed himself to save us. We owe him one.”

Kham nodded. “This time, I’m going through FIRST.” And with that he jumped through the portal. [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:25 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home