Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Friday, August 7

Castle Ambrose: Part 16 – Entrance to the Land of the Ghouls

Vlad composed himself. “You’re sure it’s in here?”

“We’ve been over this,” said Sebastian. “The key can’t be anywhere else. We dealt with the hellhound kennels and the great worm. Neither of them had it.”

Beldin made a face. “I practically swam through that worm’s entrails looking for it too.”

“But…does it have to be ghouls?”

Sebastian sighed. “We will make this quick. On my count, I will unleash my most destructive magicks. Clean up whatever still moves when I’m done. Ready?”

“Ready,” said Beldin.

“I guess,” said Vlad. “I can smell them through the door.”

“One.”

Vlad gripped his sword and shield. He had nearly been turned into a ghoul, dragged by the things in Freeport into their warren.

“Two.”

It took all of Father Peg-Leg’s magic to reverse the curse. It was a painful process.

“Three!” [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 10:31 PM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home