Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Thursday, August 6

Evil Stars: Part 10 – Who You Are in the Dark

“I’d really love to see how this place works. It’d be great if I get beneath the stage…”

Jim-Bean stared intently at a roadie named Tom. Tom shook his head. “I dunno man, press isn’t supposed to be down there.”

“Oh come on,” said Jim-Bean, a little more forcefully. “It’d mean a lot to me. I’ll put you in my article.”

Tom shrugged. “Okay, but you can’t tell anyone, right? Just a quick look around and then you’re back in the green room.”

“Sure, sure,” said Jim-Bean.

They both put on noise-canceling microphones and headsets, the kind helicopter pilots used, that were linked by a comm. With the band playing above them it was nearly impossible to hear otherwise.

Tom opened up a trapdoor that led beneath the stage and climbed down a ladder. Jim-Bean followed behind him, duffle bag slung over his shoulder.

“What’s in the bag?” asked Tom, flicking on a flashlight. It revealed a wooden series of angled beams and scattered debris, including endless cables and discarded metal bars.

“Oh, you know, camera equipment,” said Jim-Bean. He looked around. “So this is beneath the stage?”

“Yeah, I don’t know why you wanted to come down here so badly, there’s really not that much to see—“

Tom spun, blood flying from his face as Jim-Bean smashed his head in with one of the bars. He struck him so hard that his headset went flying.

“Sorry, Tom,” said Jim-Bean, standing over the unconscious man. “But you’re going to have sacrifice yourself for the greater good.” [MORE]

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 12:03 PM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home