Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Thursday, December 31

Chapter 64: A City Under Siege - Introduction

This scenario is from the adventure “Black Sails Over Freeport” by Green Ronin, adapted to the Arcanis setting. You can read more about Arcanis at http://www.onaraonline.org. Please note: This adventure contains spoilers!

Our cast of characters includes:

This is it, the final battle to end all battles, the War of the Gods (sort of), and the opportunity to wrap up the campaign with a bang. Kham’s player showed up, finally, but unfortunately Vlad couldn’t be there.


Which made sense, because Vlad would be fighting the war on behalf of Adolphos val’Tensen. Similarly, Quintus is in the service of General Menisis. But I didn’t want the total war on the Continent to get lost in the battle of Freeport. Thus, the attack by the Coryani Empire spy is directly tied to the events that took place in the Continental conflict.

That said, I never played the battle interactive, For the Glory of the Empire, and have only the summary to go by. I inserted characters and summarized as best I could. If there are inaccuracies, consider it artistic license. J

The final bad guy shouldn’t come as a surprise to those who know their Cthulhu mythology. Swapping out Yarash was simple. In fact, there’s a quote from the original inspiration for Yarash right in the adventure; I like to see the conclusion going back to Yarash’s roots.

The battle was long and bloody and not without casualties. But it was worth it. The campaign was a fun ride and I’m grateful I had the opportunity wrap it up with all my friends. more

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 8:16 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home