Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Thursday, December 17

Crisis in Freeport: Part 5 – The Sea God’s Shrine

Sebastian landed in front of the Temple of Cadic. It was ransacked and damaged. Shouts of terror and sadistic glee came from within.

Sebastian laid Beldin’s body at the entrance and walked inside, unafraid.

The place was a wreck. A dwarf held a beaten Father Peg-Leg by the hair, blood trailing from the old man’s mouth.

“Let him go,” said Sebastian. “I need him.”

“And who the hell be ye?” snarled the dwarf.

“That doesn’t matter. What matters is you let him go and I might let you live.”

Four thugs stepped out from the pews, battleaxes in their hands.

“Bow yer head!” snarled the dwarf. “Ye be in the presence o’ royalty! I be Bloody Jack, King o’ the Cutthroats.”

“I bow to no man,” said Sebastian calmly. “This is your last chance.”

“Funny,” said the dwarf. “I was thinkin’ the same thing. Get ‘im boys.” more

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:44 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home