Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Thursday, December 17

No Pain, No Gain: Conclusion

"What the HELL is wrong with you?" shouted Hammer.

"Be quiet," said Jim-Bean nervously, "or she might hear you." One second into Armbruster's feeding time and they were arguing. Hammer had been steamed all day.

"Hear me?" asked Hammer. "Hear me? That's pretty mild compared to what you did with her!"

"I didn't!" Jim-Bean sputtered. "I mean, I did but…I wasn't myself!"

"She drugged you," said Archive, giving Jim-Bean a way out.

"Yes! No! I don't know!" Jim-Bean rubbed his temple. "She looked different to me then. She gives off this…this vibe, it's hard to explain."

"Don't explain it," snarled Hammer. "Ever. Do you have any idea what Sprague's going to do to us? Or to her?"

Jim-Bean froze. Although the skittering noise was still audible, Armbruster was standing at the opening. They weren't sure how much she had heard.

"Jimmy," she said softly. "I'd like to take a walk with you if you don't mind."

All the saliva in Jim-Bean's throat evaporated. He rose to his feet. "Okay." more

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:47 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home