Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Saturday, September 11

In Media Res: Conclusion

Morowitz had the dream again about his sister. He learned to love and hate the dream at the same time, yearning for closeness with the only relative he ever really knew but loathing the inevitable pain that came with it.

But this time a man in the suit was there. His sister was gone.

"Wow, now this is one interesting dream." He walked over, only partially visible through the leather mask Morowitz was wearing. "That can't be comfortable. Is it?"

Morowitz shook his head.

"Here." The man took the mask off of Morowitz, then released his other bindings so he was no longer strapped to the chair. "That's better." He was very tan, sleekly handsome, impeccably dressed.

"Are you going to hurt me?" Morowitz rubbed his wrists.

"Hurt you? Oh I should think not!" The man pulled up his own chair and sat down across from him. "I'm here to recruit you."

"Recruit me?" squeaked Morowitz. He was still a twelve-year-old boy in his dreams. "Who ARE you?"

The man smirked. "You can call me…The Opener of the Way. Way for short. I suppose you could call me The Opener…" he mused, "but really that's a little weird, don't you think?" more

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 11:05 PM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home