Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Monday, May 9

My first fiction book to be published: The Well of Stars!

Picture

Hot on the heels of news of my non-fiction book, The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, I'm pleased to announce that Three Ravens Books has accepted my manuscript for The Well of Stars!

Filled with macabre humor, high sorcery, and a quest to save the world, The Well of Stars follows the adventures of three unlikely protagonists dragged into a plague-ridden war after the original heroes failed. It features a quirky necromanceress, a one-eyed prince with memory loss, a former opera-singer turned zombie, a snooty elf with terrible aim, an incomprehensible dwarf, a ranger who couldn't track his way out of a box, and snowboarding Eskimos.

That's right, The Well of Stars, featuring Welstar, the fantasy universe in which I've set two decades of stories, characters, and games. Welstar has been a Dungeons & Dragons 1st- and 2nd-Edition role-playing game campaign for all of my high school and college, a world on the text-based online multi-user dungeon RetroMUD, and the setting for three novels and over a dozen short stories.

This has been a long time coming and it feels good to be on the cusp of reaching my lifelong goal of fiction publication -- with my premiere fantasy setting no less. Stay tuned for more information as the book develops!

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 9:24 PM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

2 Comments:

  • This is FANTASTIC NEWS!!! Do you have a mailing list with the publisher for updates on release dates and whatnot? I'd like to be informed of the date. I'll *definitely* buy the book when it comes out.

    Oh, and see if they won't put it on Kindle for you too! :D

    Gene!

    By Blogger Jenn Forte, at Tuesday, June 07, 2011 4:34:00 PM  

  • Thank you!

    You can find all the information at http://www.threeravensbooks.com/michael-tresca.html and I'm pretty sure they do e-publishing as well: http://www.threeravensbooks.com/where-we-sell.html

    By Blogger Mike Tresca, at Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home