Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Tuesday, August 28

Very Short Review: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, by Michael Tresca

Tresca also shares his own experiences with various games to illustrate his discussion. While some might argue that including individual experience invites criticism that it’s analysis based on anecdote, I found it quite helpful. Reading these experiences gave me a much clearer idea of the kind of player Tresca is and the kinds of games he prefers and so on. That knowledge makes his analysis easier for me to interpret. Knowing his extensive background also strengthens his authority, so that if he says something is frustrating, I know he is no newbie gamer getting hung up on something we all deal with, but critiquing something that many players might find tiresome.
Else-If-Then

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 6:57 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home