Talien's Tower
Subscribe to Talien's Tower on Facebook, Twitter, email or via the Site Feed

Saturday, August 1

Examiner won't let me quit

There's a process for decommissioning your column from Examiner.  I filled out the form for my two topics as per their instructions:

How do I quit writing for Examiner.com?

If you need to your account with Examiner.com or just need to stop writing on an individual title, please submit a ticket. 
So that's what I did, and I copy/pasted my entire "I quit" letter you saw in the previous post. Here's the response I got from the editor:

Dear Michael Tresca,
Here is some information regarding your recent support request.
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your feedback; we appreciate your efforts. Please feel free to directly report any article that contains objectionable content or incorrect information. To do so, please click on the 'report' button below the article in question.
The best part is that in the editor's response it turns out there is a Facebook page and a Twitter feed dedicated to Examiners who are gamers that I was never made aware of.  

Examiner's so bad you can't even quit.

Labels:

posted by Mike Tresca at 8:41 AM


Want more? Please consider contributing to my Patreon; Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar.

2 Comments:

  • Did you keep copies of all articles? Unpublished the articles and dot write any more. After three months and a few e-mails you are not considered a writer. No matter what examiner says about the articles, they are your intellectual property. This because they do not pay us directly to write, we are paid per hit.

    By Blogger Laura, at Saturday, August 01, 2015 9:08:00 AM  

  • Wow, I'm sure its a form response. But I would at least have a human reading the tickets to make sure it applies.

    By Blogger Unknown, at Sunday, August 02, 2015 9:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home